Godwin Curtis is an independently owned and run sales and lettings agency specialising in Canterbury and surrounding villages. Our friendly, professional service combined with comprehensive local knowledge and a tailored approach for each client leads to our exceptionally high success rate of selling and letting properties that we are instructed to market. Our knowledgeable team of professionals has over 70 years combined experience and provide a superior level of service in sales, lettings and property management.
Take a look at the
A beautiful attached cottage, built in the mid-19th Century and situated in an idyllic rural location in the village of Denton. The property has been sympathetically extended so as to provide a comfortable home and it sits within a very large plot measuring 2.5 acres mainly laid to established gardens, wooded areas and vegetable growing areas. In addition to the main house there is a fantastic converted detached barn providing further annex or entertaining spaces, a home office and kitchen/utility room. The buildings are extremely attractive being faced in flint with decorative brick detailing around windows, doors and rooflines. The cottage has two stairways to the first floor; the first gives access to a double bedroom and superb mezzanine overlooking the garden, the other leads to another double bedroom with an ensuite shower room. The ground floor provides an entrance porch, a useful boot room, a sensational living space with vaulted ceiling, full height picture window and bi-fold doors opening onto the garden, a large kitchen/dining room with wood burner, a further snug – also with wood burner – and a downstairs shower room. The grounds extend to the front, rear and side of the property and comprise a formal garden with mature trees, shrub and flower borders and leading into to a copse with an ornamental pond. A timber summer house provides a pleasant vantage point from which to enjoy the gardens behind which there is a chicken coop and fruit trees, A large 70’x70′ vegetable cultivation area benefits from a super 30′ greenhouse and raised beds. There are a number of other useful outbuildings and sheds for storage and a wonderful variety of trees and shrubs demarcate different areas whilst a pathway flows through the garden bringing it together. Adjacent to the house is a walled terraced seating and al fresco dining area, and a gravel driveway provides parking for several cars. This is a spectacular property with further development potential and we strongly recommend a viewing to appreciate the quality on offer.
Our Commitment to you
- A professional and friendly service with an unceasing focus on achieving you the very best price for your property
- Free of charge professional photography, floor plan and Energy Performance Certificate for every property marketed for sale
- Exceptional online exposure of your property on Rightmove, Zoopla, PrimeLocation, Mail Online and many more websites alongside regular newspaper advertising
- An attractive office conveniently located in the city centre with easy access for buyers and tenants
- Every viewing of your property accompanied by an experienced member of our team
- The directors of the firm personally overseeing the marketing and sale or letting of your property
- Full membership of the Property Ombudsman and adherence to their strict code of practice
- An ethical approach to business with support for the Pilgrims Hospice