Godwin Curtis Ltd (“we/us”) is committed to collecting, handling, storing, using, protecting and disposing of your personal data in strict accordance with all legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Data Controller for Godwin Curtis Ltd is David Godwin. Contact details for the Data Controller are:
Godwin Curtis Ltd
7 Castle Street
As a user you have the following rights
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data.
- A right to access your personal data.
- A right to correct your personal data.
- A right to ask us to delete your personal data unless we are obliged to retain it for other legal reasons.
- A right to restrict or object to the processing or use of your personal data.
- A right to report to a supervisory authority about the use of your personal data.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data that we collect about you – such as name, address, telephone number and email addresses – will only be used by us to provide a requested service and will not be given to any third party without your express consent or unless we are required to by law or Legitimate Interest. We may contact you to offer you requested services by we will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary.
Any non-personal data such as IP address, pages accessed, and files downloaded will only be used to determine how many individuals use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information does not tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it is simply used to enable us to monitor and improve our service. This is done by way of cookies on our website and the use of analytical services such as Google Analytics. To find out more please visit our cookies policy.
HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We will use the personal data that you provide to us to:
- Provide you with property information and other services where you have given us your consent to do so or by Legitimate Interest.
- Carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into on a mutual basis.
- Provide you with the best browsing experience possible when using our website.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Supply your personal data to third parties where we have a legal obligation to do so, by Legitimate Interest and/or where it supports our service to you.
HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE STORED
All of the personal data we collect will be stored within the European Union and is therefore subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We will keep your personal data within Godwin Curtis Ltd except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (i.e. Data Processors – such as tenant referencing companies) to supply and support our services to you. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us and will hold it securely and not retain it longer than is necessary.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.